Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Announcing: The Classics Club Blog!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be writing this post. Since Jillian founded The Classics Club back in March, I have slowly been shifting my own goals as a reader to meet the goal I made as a participant in the club. This has allowed me to branch out to classics not on my original 250 list, but still feel like I am making progress in my own literary education.

It has also been amazing to watch the Club grow in that amount of time. New members are still joining and setting goals to explore the classics. It's inspiring to me-to know that so many individuals want to explore those dusty books English teachers always talk about!

The last few weeks, I have been working on transferring information over to The Classic Club's new home, alongside five other marvelous people. It was decided, a couple months ago, that the Club was outgrowing it's space on Jillian's blog, so it's own location was a necessity!

The new blog launched this morning, and I could be more excited to show you what has been consuming all my time in the last few days. :) I am excited about this new direction I am headed and my involvement in the "classics" world of blogging.

Please make sure you go over to the new site to check it out-especially all our new features, events, and other goodies that we have "rolled out" with the new digs. You can also add the club's twitter to your account (@ourclassicsclub).

I hope to see you there!

10 comments:

  1. I am so excited about this. Thanks to all who made this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new blog is awesome - thanks to all of you who have worked so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work and thanks to the whole team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little nervous, but I'm going to join! I want to read more classics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! I've already sent a link to my latest post for the big list. Can I add previous postings as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! You all get major props for all the hard work you put in this project. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited about this challenge...I have been so neglectful about reading the classics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good, Allie! I still need to poke about a bit, but it will be good to have a central meeting space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squeal! I am so excited to have run across this! So very excited...the classics have always had my reading heart!

    Courtney
    Stiletto Storytime

    ReplyDelete